In this digital world, every day is bringing proof that we don’t have enough gadgets to make our life easier as every day, there’s something new that we realize we need. Some things are vital for our health and wellness, while others fall in the category of beauty and the rest come in the entertainment department.
But all are gadgets that swear will make our lives easier and sometimes worth living while some are just a decoration and we buy for the fun of it. And while some are cheap, others will make you think once or twice before purchasing them, but is it worth it in the end? Let us dwell on those we didn’t know we needed, and then make a decision to break banks and purchase them for ourselves and an easy life.
Yves Saint Laurent Sur Mesure lipstick maker
Truthfully, this is a gadget that men and women alike love using. For the men, that is because Yves Saint Laurent Sur Mesure is a gadget that will load like a gun. Let’s get into detail. It’s quite fascinating.
How it works
Let it be said that the Yves Saint Laurent Sur Mesure lipstick maker (YSL) is a handheld device with a simple appearance at first glance but offers more in detail. The lipstick maker uses patented technology by Perso.
This technology is there to help the maker produce customized shades of lipstick. As of now, there are only four colors available and carried in the device’s set of cartridges. The colors are red, nude, pink, and orange. For every set, there are shades three different shades that are packed in the cartridges, and during the application, they disperse an amount of each shade to produce the color you’ll be wanting.
The cartridges have been said to be larger than the usual YSL lipstick sizes meaning the amount of lipstick in the cartridges is more than the three lipsticks. To make things more interesting, the cartridges have built-in chips that are aware of the day the lipsticks were opened and expired so they shouldn’t be released and used again past the expiration date.
YSL lipstick maker has an application that is used to calibrate the cartridge sets. The app is called Rouge Sur Mesure app and it also confirms the cartridge location for the release of the correct amount of lipstick needed when creating a particular shade. There are three options a user can go for when choosing colors on the application. The options are shade stylist, shade palette, and shade match.
Shade match will open your phone’s rear camera and users can choose a color and create a similar or exact color lipstick. The shade palette will open the front camera, and display a color wheel for the user to try on various shades of lipstick and choose one virtually. The shade stylist will upload a picture of a user’s outfit for the day and help with choosing a shade that will go well with the outfit. The shades a user picks will be saved by the application in case of future use.
Moleskine digital notebook
This is the one invented gadget that will make writers sigh in relief and pure joy. Because this is writing made simple. This is an analog-to-digital solution for note-taking that consists of a Pen+ smart pen, a paper tablet notebook, and a free application Moleskine Notes.
How it works
The Moleskine paper tablet has the normal look of a standard Moleskine which looks a lot like a tablet. Moleskine solution allows you to write physical notes on real paper and then they sync with your phone or tablet.
The notebook allows you to:
- Convert handwritten notes. As explained above, you can write in your handwriting and then sync with your phone or tablet and the information you wrote will transfer easily. You can also highlight them, color code them and edit the notes.
- Record audios. In synchronization with the page you are writing on, you can record audio and play it when you want to remember a piece you missed or add to whatever you were writing.
- Here you can not only search for something you wrote by searching keywords. You can get the notebook to organize your ideas and tag all your notes and sort them out.
- Share your document. When in sync with paper, you can send the ideas off the paper and in your handwriting.
- Offline use. If you are not connected and are offline, you can still use your notebook by writing in it as any normal notebook. However, it automatically uploads your notes when you get back online.
Pros and cons of Moleskine digital notebook
- Many options for file format and sharing
- Automatic page detection
- Classic notebook design
- Its pen, Pen+ takes standard refills and has onboard memory and an infrared camera.
- It is very expensive
The design of the Pen+
This is indeed a smart pen. It has an infrared camera, and onboard memory and takes standard refills. It is aluminum with three flat sides and a tip. This pen greatly resembles a fountain pen but unlike a fountain pen, this one has a power button, a cap with a metal clip, a micro USB power port, and an LED status indicator for syncing and charging. The pen also has a USB cord used for charging.
The onboard memory can hold up to 1,000 note pages and allows you to sync and digitize your work at any time if your phone was not available at the time of writing. The infrared camera is located near the tip and its function is to track everything you write. In case you want to check the battery life and memory remaining in the pen, press on an icon that appears in the corner of the Notes application. The icon appears in the top right corner.
Differences between the Pen+ with other similar digital notebooks and pens
- It knows how to spot the difference between writing on different pages. This is possible due to the usage of smart paper on the paper tablet. When you are writing and have moved from the first paper to a separate one, the pen+ will take automatic notice of that and the pages will show separately in the files. This is very convenient, compared to the other notebooks where the change will not be noticed unless you save and start on a new page if you want to separate the pages.
- When writing on the paper tablet, it will automatically sync and the information will show digitally too, at the very same time you are writing. You can also change settings like digital ink color and pen thickness. This is wildly different from the other gadgets which will load your information to the digital state when and only when you sync it and has limited settings.